Upswing is committed to changing the world, one graduation at a time. We invite you to join us for one of our upcoming events, where we’ll bring you best practices in supporting student success, increasing engagement and driving retention.
Unique Approaches to Supporting Black and Minority Male Students through Graduation
Join Dr. Adrian Haugabrook, Executive Vice President and Managing Director, Social Impact Collective at Southern New Hampshire University, and Melvin Hines, CEO of Upswing, as they discuss how to re-engage stopped out students. In honor of Black History Month, they will specifically discuss Dr. Haugabrook's experience re-engaging Black and minority male students and how those lessons can be applied to other students as well. In this webinar, you will specifically learn about:
- The needed resources and support for increasing persistence among Black male students
- Ways in which non-HBCU institutions can foster the level of community many Black male students are seeking while in college
This will be a great conversation for anyone interested in learning more about equity in higher education. We look forward to having you join us!Register Now!
Lessons Learned From a Decade of Online Tutoring
Upswing's Tutoring and Operations Specialist, Shane Cronin, shares his experience and best practices as an online tutor and tutoring manager. Shane is joined by veteran Upswing online tutors who also share their experience tutoring thousands of students virtually. By watching this webinar, you will learn more about:
- How to create more connections and continuity between on-campus and online tutoring
- How to create trust and increase engagement with online tutoring
- How online tutoring can increase early intervention opportunities with more students
This is a compelling deep dive into how to effectively run tutoring programs in higher education. Enjoy the video!